Thursday, September 03, 2009

Leaving West Virginia

My week of family leave is drawing to a close. It has been an unsettling week.

I'm packing up the pieces of me and hoping I can leave the house as nice as I found it. I was a bit nervous here alone. I realized after the first night, I didn't know where the flashlights are here. So, I bought myself a nice little maglite (in hot pink) at Walmart. It eased my mind somewhat, that I could have a light if the earthquake hit, or the power went out.

My Mom's car got some loving care today. I had the oil changed, the WV State Inspection sticker renewed/replaced. I washed the car, dried the car, it is a real nice car. I enjoy taking care of it and driving it. It is a pleasure. Mom seems pleased when we talk about it.

I have loved the night sky all this week, tonight especially. I sat in the driveway here with the moon roof open and the seat reclined. The beautiful full moon and Jupiter. I am very lonely.

I ate alone at Twin Oaks tonight. Service, as always, was dismal. Food was comforting.

I will leave in the morning, having fought the urge to just drive off into this beautiful night. I have chosen to let my good sense prevail. I will allow my body a restful night of sleep, I will eat a healthy breakfast, buy Italian bread and pepperoni rolls, fill the tank with gas, and then leave.

Mom seems about the same as the last time I saw her. I hope she isn't suffering. She didn't seem much in pain, just exhausted by life. Maybe I'm projecting. I plan to see her again soon, although it is very very difficult on many levels. I love my mother.

No comments: